Friday 6 March 2015

REVIEW Clinique Take The Day Off Balm

First off, I am a cleansing balm convert.

When I used to see balms in blog posts or articles, I'd just skip past it, convinced it could never work on my crazy oily, temperamental skin.

Ah-how wrong I was!

I love this stuff. I wish it smelled pretty, but otherwise, it does a great job.

WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE

I love you TTDO. I really, really do. 

I picked mine up at the Clinique counter at Plaza Senayan for IDR 450k, or just under 40USD. It's not cheap, but it's a really good product IMHO. 

You do get a lot of product, in fact, it contains 125 grams of product. So this should last you at least 3-4 months, or maybe more. I've been using it for a month, and I've barely dented the surface. 


WHAT IT CONTAINS

Ingredients:

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, PEG-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

I ran this product through cosdna, and two products were flagged for acne and irritation. The first was Ethylhexyl Palmitate, which rated pretty high for acne, and the second was Tocopherol. I have a tendency to break out or get bumps under my skin when I use products that don't suit me, and I've been doing fine with this. Just make sure you really get all the product off your face when you're done cleansing. 

I like that it doesn't contain mineral oil. Now, I don't hate it like others do, but it's a cheap filler, and at this price tag, I'd be pissed if that's what they used. But they didn't. So it's all good. 

HOW I USE IT

I always apply this on my face while it's dry, and the balm quickly turns into a silky oil, just like it claims to do. It removes my makeup really efficiently, and even my eye makeup too, because sometimes I can't be bothered using a separate eye makeup remover. I like that even though it turns into an oil, it's not messy and runny, and it doesn't feel overly greasy on my skin. I massage it into my skin and then I remove it by using a tepid face towel. I use both sides to make sure it's all off.  

And voila! Clean, refreshed skin, ready for a second cleanse, or other products. 

I've been using this product for a month, and it hasn't irritated my skin or made it break out. Win!

WILL I REPURCHASE? 

Yes. This is a cleansing staple. 

FYI- I love products in jars. Feels fancy. I love feeling like I'm rich. Ha!

Talk to you all soon!xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment